Grant Reviewer Position
Youth Collaboratory is seeking experienced, articulate, detail-oriented leaders to join our highly successful team of grant reviewers. These are part-time, independent contract positions that are ideal for people interested in a flexible schedule.
Youth Collaboratory is a national nonprofit that harnesses the power of the youth services community to innovate, evaluate, and drive effective strategies that assure the safety and well-being of youth and young adults, unlocking their limitless potential. We build the resiliency of local providers and their ability to provide effective services in a rapidly changing environment. Our proposal review services provide individualized feedback to applicants which helps them develop competitive grant applications.
Our experienced team has helped hundreds of nonprofits build their capacity to secure federal funding. This translates to thousands of young people receiving essential shelter and support services throughout the U.S.
To meet the growing demand for our services, we need to grow our team. That’s where you come in.
The ideal candidate:
- Has participated in federal grant reviews for one or more of the following agencies: HHS, DoL, DoJ, DoE, CNCS.
- Knows enough about youth service programs to tell when an applicant is simply reiterating evaluation criteria vs. demonstrating a deep understanding.
- Can clearly articulate how an applicant can more effectively develop their proposal to respond to the evaluation criteria.
- Is able and comfortable to work independently and remotely. Applicants are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary equipment to adequately complete job tasks.
- Is organized, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Why join Youth Collaboratory’s grant team….
You have the opportunity to continue to refine your craft with a team of brilliant and flourishing reviewers, and continue to build a successful resume.
You choose your availability – great for people interested in part-time, freelance, or flexible work. We are able to work with your schedule whether you need daytime, evenings or weekends.
Start Date. Grant Reviewers are part-time, contract positions that are renewed on an annual basis. Training occurs in January and February. We anticipate our highest demand will occur sometime between February and June, with lower demands in July.
Compensation is provided on on a per review basis.
How to apply
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume (maximum of 2 pages)
- Non-generic cover letter
- Responses to the following application questions (no more than two paragraphs per question):
- Describe your experience reviewing grant applications
- Which federal agencies have you reviewed for? If none, simply write N/A
- What worked and didn’t work about the review processes in which you’ve been involved? If no experience, simply write N/A.
- What knowledge and skills do you have that make you a strong grant reviewer?
Youth Collaboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to attracting a wide range of diverse candidates.